Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Coming in Spring 2018!

Hi, everyone! I've deliberately delayed writing this post while waiting on details for my next project. At last--news! My latest book as Kacy Barnett-Gramckow, The Blessing, will be available this spring!!!

The Blessing is a departure from my Biblical fiction--it's set in 1890's New York and Colorado. However, it was inspired by a few snippets of my own family's lore, and ... might serve as a quiet meditation on the Book of Job. Quiet? Well, not entirely quiet. It is inspired by my own family's lore, after all. (More on that part later.) Rifles, gamblers, runaways, food, and quite a few wrenching scenes are involved.


Here's the back cover copy:


May Somerville has suffered a year worthy of the Bible’s Job, and the man who unknowingly prompted all her troubles has fallen in love with her. 

Isolated in Colorado’s rugged mountains, her beloved family shattered by tragedy and loss, May Somerville questions her Creator amid her struggles to survive. Beset by unexpected storms, both physical and spiritual, May seeks blessings—reasons for hope as she works to restore her family. 

Separated from May by unforeseen circumstances and the expectations of others, Alex Whittier is determined to reverse injustices suffered by the Somervilles. But is it too late to redeem himself for the sake of the courageous young woman he’s been unable to forget? 

Published in connection with Hartline Literary Agency, serving the Christian book community. Visit us at www.hartlineliterary.com.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

As soon as it's available on amazon for pre-order, it's going into my cart! I can't wait. :) Congratulations, dear Kacy! I know this one has been a long time in the making. <3

Sandi's Heart said...

So exciting!!! Can’t wait to read this one. Congratulations Kacy!!!

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Robin, it'll go on sale as soon as it's ready. I didn't want to delay it any further with pre-sale hoops and hoopla. ;) I guess everyone else agreed!

Kacy Barnett-Gramckow said...

Sandi, thank you! DH and I traveled through the Colorado mountains twice and went on a vintage train right AND down into a mine to research this one. OH, I loved that mine so much that I went down twice. :D